If you are looking for an energy efficient, money efficient and an environment-friendly water heater then instantaneous or on-demand water heater, popularly known as tankless water heater is the right choice. As these water heaters don’t store water, they only heat the water when it is required.
There are many questions that arise in our minds regarding this water heater. Here are some of the frequently asked questions regarding a tankless water heater:
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Tankless Water Heater
How is a Gas tankless water heater beneficial over electric tankless water heater?
- Even in the case of very cold groundwater, the best electric tankless water heaters cannot heat the water quickly. Even they will require much time for heating the water. Also in case of slightly warm water, there would be more electricity requirement.
What will be the suitable size?
- The size of a tankless water heater basically depends upon the plumbing fixtures and the appliances used for households. Also, it depends on the temperature of groundwater in a particular area. And most probably it depends on the number of persons living in the house which matters a lot in providing hot water.
How can we control the temperature of water?
- In every standard tankless water heater, there is a temperature control feature with which you can control the temperature of the water heater. Normally, the temperature should be kept between 98° F and 140° F. This controller system also provides maintenance as well as diagnostic codes that help in better performance.
Can the existing venting be used?
- The existing venting cannot be used. It is always recommended to use the specified venting approved by the manufacturer of your tankless water heater. Most of the manufacturers specify concentrate venting. This needs only one wall penetration for both inhalation and exhaust.
What is the maintenance required?
- Like all other machines, it also requires maintenance. Its maintenance is easy. Either you can get it done from your technician or you can do it yourself. Mainly it requires:
- Checking the in-line screen filter.
- Flushing from lime and scale.
How can we install the tankless water heater?
- Its installation process is complicated. So it is recommended to get it done from a licensed technician. The technician must have the knowledge of venting, plumbing, electricity and gas. In case of a non-licensed technician, the products warranty would not be availed and would be void.
How much a tankless water heater will cost me?
- A tankless water heater will be somewhat expensive than other storage water heater or tank water heater. But it will be more efficient and thus you have to pay more only once and this way you can save money.
Although a tankless water heater consumes a lesser amount of energy, it is wise to select a suitable model which is highly efficient. As this water is environment friendly, it will not harm the environment. Also, one should know his needs and requirements and then he should buy an appropriate model which will best suit his needs. This will save him from many problems like money and energy problems.